The Create Education Project are committed to assisting schools, teachers, support staff and users in how to effectively use and embed 3D printing technology in the classroom. This will help you to maximise your investment in the technology and improve student outcomes.
Our range of half or full day, professional development courses are available for up to 10 teachers/support staff and equip you with everything you need to be able to develop, deliver and manage 3D printing projects with your students.
All of our courses include:
- Overview of the 3D printing process
- 3D design tools, techniques and selecting appropriate 3D modelling software
- How to utilise and embed 3D printing within your subject area(s)
- How to develop and progress pupils skills in 3D design and printing
- Age/stage specific 3D printing skills and projects
- How to manage the 3D printing workflow in an educational environment
- How to deal with technical issues and access support
- Budgeting for and managing ongoing running costs
- Where to access classroom resources and 3D files
We offer a flexible approach to training which includes:
- Courses hosted by ourselves or our partners at central locations around the country.
- Courses delivered directly at your institution to groups of educators (and/or students) from your institution or from other local organisations in your network.
All participants will receive a CREATE 3D Printing CPD Certificate and a selection of appropriate classroom resources to take away.
CREATE 3D Printing Courses
3D Printing in the Curriculum (half day)
This introduction to 3D printing course is available with a Primary or Secondary focus and can be tailored to specific subject areas if required. It provides a complete overview and experience of the 3D printing process and includes:
- Introduction to 3D printing (how it works)
- The 3D printing process (design-slice-3D print)
- Practical activity (2D design to 3D model)
- Introduction to slicing (slicing a model in Cura using recommended settings)
- 3D printing (print models)
- Basic Troubleshooting
- Health & Safety
- 3D Skills progression and example projects
- Embedding 3D printing across the curriculum (or in your specific subject area)
3D Printing in the Curriculum (full day)
This introduction to 3D printing course is available with a Primary or Secondary focus and can be tailored to specific subject areas if required. It provides a more in depth experience of the 3D printing process and in addition to the half day course this course also covers:
- 3D CAD – software options, introduction to Tinkercad and design task
- Designing for 3D printing
- Cura – manipulating models and Cura advanced slicing settings
- 3D printing tips and tricks
- Maintenance, common print problems and troubleshooting
3D Printing in Secondary Design Technology (full day)
This course contains similar content to the full day general curriculum course above, however it focuses specifically on Design Technology curriculum opportunities and projects, including:
- KS3 Design technology projects and skills progression
- CAD software – overview of Fusion 360* and progression from Tinkercad
- KS4 projects and opportunities for embedding 3D printing within coursework
- Industrial applications of 3D printing and future gazing
- Impact of 3D printing on industry, enterprise, sustainability, people, culture, society and the environment, production techniques and systems
*Please note, this course does not include Fusion 360 training, just an overview of the software. For Fusion 360 specific training, please take a look at our complimentary range of Autodesk Certified Courses.
Enquire about 3D Printing CPD
If you would like to know more about the CREATE 3D Printing in the Classroom CPD, please complete and submit the form below and we will be in touch to discuss your requirements.