In order to ensure everybody has the opportunity to benefit from 3D printing we offer a fantastic FREE no-obligation loan scheme. If your school is interested in trialling 3D printing, we will support you by providing you with an Ultimaker 3D printer and some filament on loan for a period of up to 4 weeks to allow you complete the project and do all the 3D printing you require with the students in school.
All we ask in return is that at the end of your loan period you share your experiences, project ideas and any classroom resources you use with the Create Education Project to help others in the community. Take a look at some of the projects others have run whilst benefitting from a loan printer:
Please note: Our loan scheme is very popular and although we have several Ultimakers available to support the scheme, we may not have a machine available immediately. If you are planning a future project, please contact us so that we can advise on availability and schedule potential date for the loan period. We also recommend that you have a project in mind prior to the loan period and start the students off with any necessary design work, so that when you receive your printer you are ready to use it straight away and then you can make full use of it during your loan period.
How to apply
Follow these 10 simple steps to participate in our loan scheme:
- Download and complete the loan agreement form. This contains all the terms and conditions of the loan scheme, please read the agreement carefully.
- Email the completed loan agreement form to Michelle Chatterley firstname.lastname@example.org along with your preferred loan dates and a brief overview of any projects you have in mind for the loan period. You will be advised of printer availability by return email.
- Download our getting started guide, this will take you through the process of preparing to run your project.
- Make sure you have access to all the required software for your project as detailed in the getting started guide.
- Plan your project. Take a look at the resources and blog for inspiration and ideas.
- Get students fired up with one of our introduction to 3D printing lessons.
- Start the design work for your project with the students while you wait for the printer to arrive.
- When your printer arrives, carefully un-package it and keep all packaging safe for return postage. Print your projects and have fun exploring capabilities of the 3D printer with your students. If you have any technical problems contact our support team at email@example.com or call directly on 01257 276 116
- At the end of your loan period package up the printer in it’s original packaging and return it to us.
- Most importantly don’t forget to share your work and experiences with the Create Education community. Complete the “Community content form” and share your project planning and resources and/or write a blog post and share this along with suitable photographs and a completed photo consent form as a case study. Please email/share all content with Sonya at firstname.lastname@example.org you and your school will be credited with all published work and content will be sent to you for approval prior to being published on the website.
Take a look at some of the projects others have run whilst benefiting from a loan printer:
Dens Road Nursery
Kennoway Primary School
Glasgow School of Art
During the loan period you can access the same technical support that all our customers benefit from along with practical curriculum support through the Create Education Project team and website.
At the end of the loan period you simply package up the 3D printer and return it to us. There is no obligation to buy, however we would be happy to advise and guide you through the process should you subsequently wish to purchase an Ultimaker 3D printer.