Our mission is simple, we want to inspire and empower all young people to be creative, innovative and develop skills for the future by providing cutting edge technologies to education and other youth settings. The starting point for this is with 3D printing.
To ensure that all young people have this opportunity, we work collaboratively with the education sector and with industry partners to understand the challenges faced so we can develop innovative solutions together with providing the best products and services that make a real difference and impact.
This is why we have introduced the Loan Scheme for organisations that work with and support young people and who have a desire to embed this technology more sustainably into their delivery. Our Loan Scheme means that you can trial these technologies within your organisation for a period of 5 weeks, whilst allowing you to complete your projects and do all the making you require with your young people.
What you will receive:
- A 3D Printer, 3D Scanner or Vaccum Former – as indicated from your registration form.
- Any necessary consumables.
- A virtual ‘set up’ session with a CREATE Education staff member to take you through the machine and ensure it is working.
- Access to a virtual ‘project ideas’ session delivered by a CREATE Education staff member to help provide practical ideas in how to get the most out of having the machine and your loan.
What we require:
- Complete the Loan Scheme registration form in full and submit.
- Arrange payment of the deposit and delivery charge (so we can ship to your organisation) – this must be received in advance of your loan scheme start date. Payment is broken down: £450 deposit (refundable) / £50 delivery charge (non-refundable).
- To ensure the refund of your deposit and to support our wider work in making 3D Printing accessible to all, we ask that the following be completed by your organisation (once completed we shall arrange the refund of your deposit):
- The 3D Printer must be returned in good condition by the return date outlined in your confirmation email.
- Support our work by undertaking our CREATE Education survey with participating young people to understand their experiences at the end of the loan scheme – we can share the responses with you.
- Showcase your work by writing a case study which shares your experiences from using 3D Printing technologies in your organisation and the outcomes achieved – we will use this to help promote 3D Printing and STEAM learning wider across our network.
- Provide a time for CREATE Education to meet with you and your Headteacher/SLT to discuss your experiences further and consider the permanent implementation of 3D Printing into your organisation to ensure long-term access and sustainability for your young people.
Our Loan Scheme is very popular and although we have several 3D Printers, 3D Scanners and Vacuum Formers available to support the scheme, we may not have a machine available immediately. If you are planning to trial this technology through a future project, please contact us so that we can advise on availability and schedule a potential date for the loan period.
If you have any questions regarding the loan scheme or if you require the printer for a longer or shorter time, please contact Jess Perry on 01257 01257 228393 or email email@example.com
How to apply
Follow these simple steps to participate in our loan scheme:
- Fill in the online loan agreement form below. This contains the terms and conditions of the loan scheme, please read the agreement carefully.
- Once you have completed the online form, we will get back to you to confirm the details of your loan including key information such as:
– Start and end date when you will receive your machine.
– An opportunity to arrange a virtual 1:1 set up call with one of our support team to ensure your machine is working when it arrives.
– A link to an introduction webinar where our team member Sonya Horton will introduce you to the 3D printing process, the software and guide you through some exciting projects that you could use and incorporate into your delivery over the course of the 5 week loan with your young people.
Further project ideas via our resources and blog for additional ideas.
- Arrange for the deposit to be paid to CREATE Education ahead of the loan period start date.
- When your machine arrives, carefully un-package it and keep all packaging safe for return postage.
- Create your projects and have fun exploring the capabilities of the 3D printer, 3D Scanner or Vacuum Former with your young people. If you have any technical problems contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly on 01257 276 116 option 2.
At the end of your loan period, package up the machine in its original packaging and return it to us (we will send you an email in advance of this date as a reminder).
- Most importantly don’t forget to share your work and experiences with CREATE Education. Complete the “Case Study form” with any supporting photo’s/images and complete the Teacher & Student surveys so we can hear all about your experiences and what you have been up to whilst using the machine. Some of this content may well be used for marketing purposes through CREATE Education channels (website / social media), so please ensure the relevant consent form is completed.
- Once the machine is returned to us and we have received your ‘Case Study form’ and Teacher & Student surveys completed we will then arrange for your deposit return – we will notify of this.
- We will then look forward to meeting with you and your Headteacher/SLT member to investigate how we can support you in implementing this technology on a more permanent basis.
Take a look at some of the projects others have run whilst benefiting from a loan machine:
Penwortham Primary School recently participated in the CREATE Education 3D printer loan scheme and used this as an opportunity to engage the whole school community, then in a single of fundraising week raised over £2000 to purchase their own 3D printer.
In the first of our two-part blogs, Elaine Lambert the Mathematics and Computing Lead Teacher explains their experiences with the loan scheme and the projects the students undertook.
Dens Road Nursery
Kennoway Primary School
Glasgow School of Art
During the loan period, you can access the same technical support that all our customers benefit from along with practical curriculum support through the CREATE Education Project team and website.
At the end of the loan period, you simply package up the 3D printer, 3D Scanner or Vacuum Former and return it to us. There is no obligation to buy, however, we would be happy to advise and guide you through the process should you subsequently wish to purchase a machine.