3D scanning technology has developed significantly in recent years and is now more affordable and better quality than ever making it a perfect complement to 3D printing to enhance delivery of the curriculum. This guide to 3D scanning in education provides an introduction to the different 3D scanning technologies, the 3D scanning process, curriculum applications, project and activity ideas as well as providing a buyers guide to help you to choose the best 3D scanner to meet your needs and budget.
This guide to 3D scanning has been developed to help you to learn more about 3D scanning and how you can use the technology in an education setting to enhance teaching and learning, it also helps you to understand the technology and features of different types of 3D scanners so that you can make informed purchasing decisions, the guide includes:
- An overview of 3D scanning and the education benefits of the technology.
- How 3D scanners work and 3D scanning applications in industry.
- Detailed explanations of the types of 3D scanning technologies and scanners, their features and an overview of 3D scanning software.
- An overview of the 3D scanning process.
- 3D scanning in the curriculum – examples, project ideas, tips for how to get started with 3D scanning and links to sources of good education scans that can be 3D printed.
- Choosing a 3D scanner – buyers guide to scanners supplied and supported by CREATE Education.
Further Information and Support
If you need any further advice or support for introducing 3D scanning, contact our education specialists
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone – 01257 276 116