Newport High School have supplied us with a lesson plan for teachers in Design Technology to develop a design for a 3D Printed drinking cup.
Students objectives cover:
- Understand the relationship between CAD and CAM.
- Develop and understanding of 3D Printing.
- Explore the use of the process.
- Work independently to create a design for a cup that could be 3D Printed.
- Take an active part in answering questions and classroom discussion.
- Engage with learning and explore the uses of 3D Printing.
In The Classroom
This lesson plan outlines a complete lesson using Autodesk Inventor to design a cup. Students will need to know the basics of Autodesk Inventor prior to this lesson. The lesson plan suggests showing a timelapse of a 3D print, here is a suitable timelapse video to use.